Thursday 19 January 2012

What are you doing with your precious minutes today?



We all have 1,440 minutes each day, or really 960 as we do have to sleep after all. But just seeing that huge number makes me consider what I am using my precious minutes for.

As a mother, many of those minutes are spent caring for others, but how many are minutes spent in self care or self reflection? Not enough.

As a yoga teacher I know meditation is good for me, yet I struggle to make time to sit and be. Simply sitting still is a challenge for me. Today when I read on a website about how many minutes we are given in a day, I thought surely I can take a few of those minutes every day and meditate.

I think we often  postpone certain activities we would like to do as we think we need huge blocks of time. But what if we began with one minute, five minutes, ten minutes and just let that be enough?

What are you choosing to do with your precious minutes today? I am off to sit on my meditation pillow, for just a few minutes today and see what that adds to my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment